Portola Pharmaceuticals Announces Upcoming Cerdulatinib Data Presentation at American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) Annual Meeting 2016
SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., April 14, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Portola Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq:PTLA) today announced that new data from a pharmacokinetic modeling study designed to identify the dose of cerdulatinib for expansion cohorts in a Phase 2 study will be presented in a poster session at the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) Annual Meeting 2016, which is taking place from April 16-20 in New Orleans.
Cerdulatinib is an oral, dual Syk/JAK kinase inhibitor in development to treat patients with resistant or relapsed hematologic cancer. Cerdulatinib inhibits two key cell signaling pathways that promote cancer cell growth in certain hematologic malignancies. Portola is evaluating cerdulatinib in an ongoing Phase 1/2 study in patients with relapsed/refractory B-cell malignancies who have failed multiple therapies.
The abstract will be made available at www.AACR.org.
Poster Presentation Details
- Abstract Title (#CT144): Preclinical and clinical studies and modeling and simulation to identify Phase 2 dose for cerdulatinib: a dual SYK/JAK inhibitor for the treatment of B-cell malignancies
- Presenting Author: Janet M. Leeds, Ph.D., Senior Director, Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics, Portola Pharmaceuticals
- Poster Session Title: Phase I Clinical Trials 2
- Presentation Date and Time: Wednesday, April 20, 7:30 a.m. – 11 a.m. Central Time
- Location: Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, Halls G-J, Poster Section 13
About Portola Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Portola Pharmaceuticals is a biopharmaceutical company developing product candidates that could significantly advance the fields of thrombosis and other hematologic diseases. The Company is advancing three programs, including betrixaban, an oral, once-daily Factor Xa inhibitor; andexanet alfa, a recombinant protein designed to reverse the anticoagulant effect in patients treated with an oral or injectable Factor Xa inhibitor; and cerdulatinib, a Syk/JAK inhibitor in development to treat hematologic cancers. Portola's partnered program is focused on developing selective Syk inhibitors for inflammatory conditions. For more information, visit www.portola.com and follow the Company on Twitter @Portola_Pharma.
Julie NormartW2O Groupjnormart@w2ogroup.com
Portola Pharmaceuticals, Inc.