SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., May 18, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Portola Pharmaceuticals Inc.® (Nasdaq:PTLA) today announced that preclinical and clinical data on cerdulatinib in relapsed/refractory b-cell malignancies will be presented at the European Hematology Association (EHA), which is taking place from June 22-25 in Madrid, Spain.
Cerdulatinib is an investigational oral, dual SYK/JAK kinase inhibitor in development to treat patients with resistant or relapsed hematologic cancers. Cerdulatinib inhibits two key signaling pathways that promote cancer cell growth in certain hematologic malignancies.
Details regarding the presentations follow.
Oral Presentation Details:
- Presentation Title: The Dual SYK/JAK Inhibitor Cerdulatinib Demonstrates Complete Inhibition of SYK and JAK and Rapid Tumor Responses in a Phase 2 Study in Patients with Relapsed/Refractory B Cell Malignancies
- Presenter: Paul Hamlin, M.D., Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Abstract Number: EHA22
- Presentation Date and Time: June 25, 2017 from 9:00-9:15 a.m. UTC
- Location: Hall A
Poster Presentation Details:
- Presentation Title: IL-4 Increases Expression of Positive Regulators of BCR Signaling in CLL Which Can Be Overcome by Cerdulatinib
- Presenter: Andrew Steele, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Medicine, University of Southampton
- Abstract Number: P587
- Presentation Date and Time: June 24, 2017 from 5:30 – 6:00 p.m. UTC
- Location: Poster Hall (Hall 7)
About Portola Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Portola Pharmaceuticals is a biopharmaceutical company developing product candidates that could significantly advance the fields of thrombosis and other hematologic diseases. The Company is advancing three programs, including betrixaban, an oral, once-daily Factor Xa inhibitor; AndexXa™ (andexanet alfa), a recombinant protein designed to reverse the anticoagulant effect in patients treated with an oral or injectable Factor Xa inhibitor; and cerdulatinib, a SYK/JAK inhibitor in development to treat hematologic cancers. Portola's partnered program is focused on developing selective SYK inhibitors for inflammatory conditions. For more information, visit http://www.portola.com and follow the Company on Twitter @Portola_Pharma.
Portola Pharmaceuticals, Inc.